SyntaxHighlighter

Monday, May 7, 2007

Home Automation Part 1

This is one of my favorite topics that resides near and dear to my heart.
So I thought I'd blog about my some of my ideas and plans... I first got into home automation about 3 years ago back in 2003, shortly after my first couple of years in .NET development.

I started to look in to X10 Technology which was compliant with .NET and super simple to get setup, soon after that I got busy with work stuff and then eventually found myself back in to r&d. Even though I don't have a home yet, I plan on moving from the small 2 bedroom apartment in Bellevue,WA to a 4/5 Bedroom, 2 living/2 dinning, 3 bathroom, game room, 2 car garage home in Dallas, TX. This will make things seem so much more comfortable allowing us to appropriately welcome our soon to be third addition to the family... with this kind of setup I have a more than adequate canvas to begin my mission for a smart home. Of course the home will be running on .NET 2.0/3.0 code and X10 hardware for lighting... mostly simple things that have been done by some of the folks out there in the community, folks like Tony Northup, and Chris Walkers Z-Wave Technology which extends X10. Definitely some cool things out there in the .NET space of Home Automation.

No comments:

Post a Comment