SyntaxHighlighter

Monday, December 24, 2007

Fred Meyer's To The Rescue






In my quest to find a Nintendo Wii for Christmas turned out to not be an easy one. A week before Christmas I decided to get a Wii, after calling around and finding out all different stories about people camping outside of Best Buy, Target, Toys-R-Us, and the like. I decided to try Fred Meyer since we were in the store shopping for grand parents... so I walked over to the electronics section and asked them if they had any Wii's. As expected they said they did not have any, however the guy behind the counter said we get shipments in on Wednesdays and Fridays around 6am and the store opens at 7am so get in line early. My eyes glowed as the day was Sunday... I had three whole days before I could attempt at getting my own... so I went back to work on Monday and mid-afternoon a co-worker of mine said he just picked up a Wii at E-B Games about 10min ago and even had the Wii in his hands to prove it. Since E-B Games is 5 blocks away I decided to lock my machine and run... After I got to the store I was next in line and asked the worker behind the counter for a Wii... he said to me... "Sorry Sir this is the last one". So I said with a smirk... "Thank you"... and turned around and went back to the office. Wednesday soon came and I made sure I was going to be at the head of the line, so I arrived at 5:30am and was 2nd in line... I waited until 7am. When 7am came a Fred Meyer employee showed up to open the doors and said to all 20 people in line that they did not get the shipment in and are very sorry for the inconvenience. Cold and hungry... I turned around and went straight to work, I figured I would give it one more shot and go back on Friday for one last chance before Christmas... otherwise I would wait until after Christmas. Friday came and I arrived at 5am this time and I was first in line... then 7am rolled around and the same employee came to open the doors for a line of 30 people or more... this time he said... "Sorry folks we only received 14 Wii Consoles this morning so I can only accept the first 14 people in line". Yay!!!! :)
I walked up to the register and paid for my Wii console... merry Christmas to me!

For those looking for so called impossible gifts to find around the holidays in the future... don't forget about Fred Meyers.

No comments:

Post a Comment