SyntaxHighlighter

Saturday, February 9, 2008

Xtreme Programming Saturdays

For the last week or so I've been reading Pro .NET 2.0 Extreme Programming ,and I have to say it's been really difficult for me to put it down.
I didn't go to work last Friday because I have a cold... I didn't want to spread it around so I stayed home. On Friday I spent quite a bit of time writing acceptance test for DirectorsMate, what's nice about acceptance test is that I don't have to worry about unit testing every little thing. I mean It's hard enough trying to come up with positive and negative tests. This way I can verify that the object under test will do what I expect in a timely manner. Now I realize that I should be writing lots of unit tests to cover as much as I can, but I'm not feeling well right now. Most likely I will go back and fill in the gaps when I'm feeling better. So getting back to the title of the post... I woke up this morning and realized that I need to get my code out of Visual Source Safe 2005. So I went and downloaded the latest subversion, TortoiseSVN, and CCNET .
I got subversion and TortoiseSVN installed and then pulled my source code out of VSS, removed the bindings, and then created a repository NTFS for the source code and then did my inital import. Ahhh... All is right with the world... I then did some tweaks on the build file and began to build my CCNET build file. After it was done I could initate a force build to test CCNET and then change the code to test the build that way. Once I finished it all I was really tired but I went over and downloaded the free visual studio add-in for SVN support over at Tigris.org.
This add-in is awesome!!! Alright, I know I've been saying that I'm going to get some videos up here, but I've tried and they just don't come out as good as I'd hoped. So I'm going to try again this time with ZoomIt!!! Stay tuned... : )

Also, some videos that really inspired me to learn more about & practice Xtreme Programming can be found below. Event though these are Java guys they still inspire me to strive to achieve this type of development in my own software company.

Xtreme Programming Videos




No comments:

Post a Comment