SyntaxHighlighter

Sunday, May 2, 2010

New path for possible career opportunity

Lately, functional programming is all I think about. Sometimes I get a little down about writing C#.  :-(
Gasp!  I never thought in a million years that I'd ever think that let alone write it. Anyway, at the present time I find myself continuing to make a difference for my current employer. Introducing them to modern solutions and technology to help them have a leg up on the competition. However, I'm constantly reminded  that I'm not in an environment where I'm learning from my co-workers. So I have to seek external conferences, blogs, camps, user groups, etc to make up for it. For the last five years I've always kept an eye on Google. Lately, I've seen more opportunities pop up... even some with .NET development. I'm thinking that over next two years I'm going to ramp up my skills on F#, Python, and Ruby. From what I've seen and heard so far those languages are core prerequisites.  There will be a lot to learn including Google App framework, but the payoff could be totally worth it. We'll see what happens, but that's the thought for now. :-)

-Develop with Passion

No comments:

Post a Comment